NOTE: Both criteria 1 & 2 as well as either 3 or 4 must be present for hospice eligibility. However, certain cancer patients with poor prognoses may be hospice eligible without fulfilling any of these criteria.
- Palliative Performance Scale 70%
- Dependence in 2 or more ADLs
- Pathology report indicates evidence of malignancy or metastases
- Progression from earlier stage of disease to metastatic disease with either of the following:
- Continued decline despite therapy
- Patient refuses further disease-directed therapy